HOST A FUNDRAISER
We love when our community hosts fundraisers to benefit the Underdogs! These fundraisers, big or small, make a difference in the lives of our foster dogs, and dogs in need of rescuing. If you are interested in organizing and hosting your own event for Manitoba Underdogs, please review the policies below and contact us at email@example.com. We would love to hear about your ideas!
In order to assure that our rescue’s name, image, and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following policies. Your cooperation will help us guarantee consistency and quality in the events that ultimately benefit our shelter. Thank you again for your efforts.
- Due to limited time and resources, Manitoba Underdogs Rescue may not be able to:
- Promote your event on our social media outlets;
- Set up and man a booth at your event;
- Distribute posters or literature for your event;
- Supply adoptable animals for your event.
- While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event including: underwriting all of the related costs; recruiting volunteers to help out at the event; creating flyers to publicize the event; working at the actual event.
- The event must be promoted in a manner to avoid statements or the appearance of Manitoba Underdogs Rescue endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual, or service.
- The name and logo must be used in accordance with Manitoba Underdogs Rescue graphic standards. All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit Manitoba Underdogs Rescue.
- Manitoba Underdogs Rescue should receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize overlap with other MUR events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway, if applicable.
- Manitoba Underdogs Rescue may be able to provide informational materials promoting the organization, its goals and accomplishments as supplies last. Advance notice is needed regarding the quantities requested for the event. The following items are generally available:
- MUR Pamphlets
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
- Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event. MUR is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
- Under no circumstances should third-party event revenue and expenses flow through Manitoba Underdogs Rescue books. Only the final net proceeds from the event are to be processed by Manitoba Underdogs Rescue.